“Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression.”

~ Dr. Haim Ginott

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Getting to Know Your International Contacts—Part 3

QUALITY

After visiting the UNESCO's Early Childhood Care and Education webpage the article I chose was titled "Quality" by Niamh Burke. As you can tell what stands out the most for me is the issue on quality education. I plan to one day have an Early Childcare Facility of my own, and I want to provide quality education for the transition from my facility to Kindergarten. Most of the articles and podcast that catch my interest are about quality Early Childhood Education. I have learned that Early childhood care and education programmes should emphasise the child’s holistic development and extend beyond assisting the child’s transition to formal schooling (Niamh Burke, n.d.). There are a lot of areas that are limited to a certain type of education. I want to take part in bridging that gap, so that every child nomatter thier background can have a quality effective education. I want the children that leave my facility well prepared and confident. Active involvement from parents and communities and relevant play and learning materials ensure that early childhood services remain relevant to the needs of the children and all other stakeholders and increases sustainability ( Niamh Burke, n.d.).  I am aware that every child learns differently, but educators have to bring excitement and creativity to the classrooms.


No comments:

Post a Comment