“Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression.”

~ Dr. Haim Ginott

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Final Blog Assignment

The first consequence that got me upset was how difficult it is in some countries for children to get the proper education they need. I listened to a podcast that nearly broke my heart. It discussed how famine and disease was one of the main factors holding children back from an effective education. It saddens me how easy it is in the U.S. to get an education when there are children and parents in other countries are fighting for it. The second consequence that I came across was how much better some of the educational programs and systems are in some countries. We as educators need to stand up and make something happen in our educational systems. I read an article about some things our president was trying to do that I was unaware of, and I must say it made me proud. The third consequence I found was how difficult it was to get in touch with a professional in other parts of the country. I was very disappointed at the feedback I recieved, which was none. There were a lot of thingsI wanted better insight on in other countries, but unfortunately I was not able to.

My goal is to take the many things I've learned from the international podcasts and many articles I read. I plan to have my own early childcare facility one day where I could apply this knowledge and make sure that my facility is effective and beneicial to each child that attends.

No comments:

Post a Comment