“Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression.”

~ Dr. Haim Ginott

Saturday, September 15, 2012

My Personal Research Journey

The topic I chose for simulations is the effects of early childhood education in poverty. I chose this topic because it really puzzles my mind. There are so many children living in poverty that deserve a chance at a quality education, and I want to make sure that I can provide that for as many children as  can. All children deserve quality education, there are so many diferent things available for children in poverty including vouchers. I can't understand for the life of me why parents don't take advantage. Some even misuse it. I want to make sure that the parents of the children that will one day attend my childcare facility get the best education possible. Children learn the most during the age from birth to 5 years. Given the chance, I feel that all children can excel. This topic is very immportant to me because I too was raised in poverty and got a quality education and overcame all statistical situations.

3 comments:

  1. In my last class we had to research poverty, even in our home areas. I was surprise of the number of families to include several of my own families members were living in or at the poverty level. A lot of individuals won't speak up and ask for assistance because of pride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really live that one to because their are so many children that are living in poverty. They need a good education just like anybody esle. We have a low poverty rate in the area where I live. We just do not know whaen pepole need help until still you hear about or see the sititution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katrina,
    I see the same issues with vouchers in New Jersey. There are so many parents that dont take advantage of it because they are embarrased. I also see parents that apply and are put on a waiting list due to lack of funding these are usually single moms barely making enough to pay the rent, yet they need to pay for their own childcare or they do not have a job. These things keep these families in poverty, there needs to be more funding available for the working parent to help.

    ReplyDelete