“Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression.”

~ Dr. Haim Ginott

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Professional Hopes and Goals

I hope to help end the negativity associated with diversity in the course of career. I hope to help children who are seen as different and help them be accepted by everyone. I plan to make moves in the communities that have never been attempted before. Children are very special to me and I have a passion that burns deep as it relates to children and a fair education.

I would make a lot of changes in education dealing with diversity, equity, and social justice. I would ake sure that all educators dealing with students who are diverse are very open and welcoming. Making the children feel as comfortable as possible so that they can do the best that they can. Being open and understanding can really make a difference.

I would like to THANK each and everyone on my colleagues for a very successful eight week term. I have enjoyed reading your many posts and commenting on them too. This class has been very interesting. Learning about diversity has been the best subject area I have studied so far.

3 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right, being open, as a teacher, to all children is the start to addressing inequity in the classroom. A teacher that opens her/his arms, mind and heart to each child earns the trust of each. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katrina, I can tell that you are passionate about ending the negativity associated with diversity. It is great that you are not only thinking about making changes in your workplace, but you talk about making moves in the communities. I think this is so important.

    Thanks for the well wishes! I have enjoyed reading your posts and comments. I believe that of all the courses we have taken so far that this course has led to the most personal growth for me. I wish you all the best as you continue your studies! Delores

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree!! This course has been very informative about social justice, diversity, and equity and how it has affected the field of early childhood. This course has also contributed to my passion as an early childhood professional, like yourself, to accommodate the individual needs of children and their families we serve. Thanks for sharing throughout the course!! Hope to see you next course!

    ReplyDelete