“Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression.”

~ Dr. Haim Ginott

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Relationship Reflection

* Relationships are very important to me. I think relationships give you the confidence you need to be who you are. It's having someone to have your back and push you to go that extra mile.

















* I have a lot of great relationships. The greatest one is my MOM. She is the most positive, supportive person in my life. The second is my husband Edward. He stands by me 100%, nomatter what I am doing. Then there are my children who believe in me whole heartedly and motivaet me to be who I am. And a whole list of family and friends that I share great relationships with. In order to have great relationships you have to be positive in someones life and supportive of whatever they are doing. You have to be understanding and unselfish. My experiences in relationships let me know that my relationship with students, parents, and administration will be very effective through my journey to Early Childhood. I possess all the qualities needed for a successful relationship and I am very confident. Good communication is an important parenting skill. Parents who discuss important matters, such as academic performance, puberty, and drug use provide their children with knowledge that can help them lead more productive and safer lives. In addition, conversations about serious topics convey to children that parents are concerned with and interested in their lives.

2 comments:

  1. I think great relationships are based on the good and bad...I cannot say that the best relationships I have had were always positive even with parents. I am a very black and white person in my relationships with not alot of gray area and I am like that because I beleive if I am not honest enough to tell you than I am doing no justice for your child. Glad to know you are very close to your mom you are role model for your daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katrina,

    It is great that you have positive relationships in your life. Communication is always important for relationships to grow. I did not always have a positive relationship with my mother and we are not very close; however, I have moved past my past and I am trying to turn it into a more positive relationship. I feel that positive and negative relationships build who you are. I would like to give them that credit. I know that I had to work hard to get past some of the things that happened in my youth and it was not easy. I do have positive relationships with some of my family; however they are not real strong.

    Your positive relationships will help you to build strong positive relationships.

    ReplyDelete