“Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression.”

~ Dr. Haim Ginott

Friday, July 13, 2012

Sharing Web Resources

ZERO TO THREE
http://www.zerotothree.org/


Zero to Three's is a national non-profit organization. Thier mission is to promote the health and development of infants and toddlers. As infants being held, cared for and talked to teaches us who we are and how we are valued. The things we experience early on in life are the things that make us strong.



One current issue that that caught my attention was School Readiness Interactive Birth to 3. This article was extremely informative. It taked about parents as the first educators in a child's life. Through a parents love, and support is how the develop properly. I am a firm believer that the educational process starts at home. Teachers do everything they can, but if the parent is not going that extra mile for thier child, how relevant is what the teacher is doing? Now as a teacher I believe in effective learning. I know that things have to be well thought out and organized. I know that the teacher has to make the educational process fun but challenging at the same time. School readiness is very important and being involved in a child's life carries the same weight.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree! Education definitely starts at home! I wish parents would be more involved in their children's school work and familiarize themselves with it. My parents would just tell me to go do my homework and that was it. They never looked it over with me or looked at my tests or worked on projects with me. It wasn't that that were bad parents but they were just intimidated by it because they had no idea what I was supposed to be learning. Parental involvement is so important. I remember a lot of times I had a question about my homework and my parents had no idea how to help me. I hope that when I am a parent I can help my kids with their schoolwork and be involved where they need me to be.

    ReplyDelete