“Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression.”

~ Dr. Haim Ginott

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sharing Web Resources

Everything on the website for the organization I chose is relevant to my current professional development. There are many different topics and they are all relevant to my development. I want to learn as much as I can about Early Childhood Education and I know to do that I have to open myself to all the information I can. Specificly I lke the topics on labeling and biasness. I realize that there are so many ways to label a child and I don't agree with them. Every child deserves a fair chance and I don't want to be one of those educators.

How play ties into the educational process. This issue made me look into play and it's effects a little closer. Working in the classroom with children before mad eme a believer in how big a role play is. Making learning fu is everything to small children. Learning through song and dance is very effective.

I can see much clearer the role politicians play in education. From my reading I feel that they are very serious and sincere. I work for the Mississippi Dept of Education, and every since I have been there the main goal is to make educationa more effective our children here. I was very impressed also that President Obama shared sucha deep passion also. In my readings I have learned a lot.

There is so much I have gained so far I don't know where to start.  The relationships between parents and educators is really intriguing to me. I understand really how important it is now. I know that this relationship serves as a support system for the child. This gives confidence and good self esteem for the child.

No comments:

Post a Comment