“Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression.”

~ Dr. Haim Ginott

Sunday, February 17, 2013

5 Stages ofTeam Development


After studying the five stages I have found that was very informational and to the point. When I think about the groups that I have been in, the ones that were high performance were the hardest to leave. When you are in a group and everyone is on the same accord and performing at their best it motivates you, and makes you feel good about the work that you are doing and that the group is doing as a whole. Groups that I have been in that have clear and precise norms seem to function the best. This is the stage were things become the “usual” way of doing things. When it comes to closing rituals I have wished that I had stayed in contact, or even gotten their information to keep in touch or refer back to them when I need some help or advice about something. As I adjourn from working with my many colleagues during the process of this degree, I plan to do things differently. I plan to keep in touch with some of them so that along my journey I can have someone to call on when I need some reassurance about whatever I am going through in the educational process at the time. I think that adjourning is an essential stage of teamwork; because once you come together and get past the storming stage you develop a type of bond with one another and the adjourning part just ends things on a good note. 

No comments:

Post a Comment