“Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression.”

~ Dr. Haim Ginott

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Conflict Resolution

In life there will always be disagreements or conflicts that will have to be solved with the nonviolent communication process or the 3R's. Currently at work I have been having conflict with my newly appointed supervisor. Previously she and I were friends and hung out after work, but things changed and we didn't hang as much anymore. I began to see her differently so I fell back from the entire situation. Things grew intense between us because I fell back and then out of nowhere she is my new supervisor. It was absolutely no problem for me, but she is very mean and low-down. I am always very polite, making sure that I am respectfully getting my points across clearly. It has gotten to the point where no matter how she tries to mistreat she can't, because I don't let her negativity influence my attitude then she has no reason and often finds it difficult to be ugly. The dynamic communication techniques of Nonviolent Communication transform potential conflicts into peaceful dialogues (Gray, n.d.). I go to work for one thing and that is to provide for my family, and I am going to make sure that she and I don't have any further problems.


Gray, John Ph.D., Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus.  (n.d.)

The Center for Nonviolent Communication. (n.d.). The center for nonviolent communication. Retrieved from http://www.cnvc.org/


1 comment:

  1. Wow Katrina!

    Great attitude. I recently had something similar to that situation but the women move to another center. The difference is you spoke and I did not I just avoided her altogether. I am glad you are killing her with kidness though it is the golden rule and one she will end up eating face with as she learns she cannot break you down. Good Luck with your future classes!

    ReplyDelete