“Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression.”

~ Dr. Haim Ginott

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Who am I as a Communicator?

After taking the assessment I saw that I see my self almost the same way as others. I saw myself as a great communicator who has a great balance between respect and consideration for others. I see myself as people oriented, very emapathetic and concerned for others. I have always seen myself this way, but I was curious as to how others see me. I asked my cousin and my co-worker to both take the assessment as it relates to me. To my surprise they saw me totally differently. My cousin saw me as an alright communicator and confrontational. Very passionate about certain things and always standing my ground. I understand her feelings now when I think about them because she often gets the raw, uncut me. My co-worker on the other hand saw me just as I see myself, but more businesslike. At work I am straight to the point and very clear about whatever it is I am communicating about so I absolutely see how she could feel that way about me. I asked them both to be as honest as possible and this maid for a very interesting and exciting assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment